David Copperfield A step 2 Green Apple graded reader, retold by Gina D.B. Clemen.David’s life changes for the worse when his mother dies and he is left with a cruel stepfather who sends him to work in London. But he doesn’t want to work in a factory all his life, so he runs away and finds a kind relative who is willing to help him. As David grows up, he learns that life is full of trouble, hardship and cruelty. But he also finds friendship, kindness and... love.
This reader uses the "Expansive Reading"approach, where the text becomes a springboard to improve language skills and to explore historical background, cultural connections and other topics suggested by the text. As well as the story,
this reader contains:
• A biography of Charles Dickens
• A wide range of interactive activities practising the four skills
• PET-style interactive activities and Trinity-style interactive activities (Grades 2 and 4)
• Dossiers: Dover and Australia
• A full recording of the text