The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde A Step 3 Reading and Training graded reader, retold by James Butler and Maria Lucia De Vanna. Ever since its publication in 1886, Stevenson’s masterpiece about
the brilliant scientist Dr Jekyll and the violent Mr Hyde lurking inside him has fascinated the public imagination.
This reader uses the "Expansive Reading"approach, where the text becomes a springboard to improve language skills and to explore historical background, cultural connections and other topics suggested by the text. As well as the story, this reader contains:
• An introduction about Stevenson and his life
• A wide range of interactive activities practising the four skills
• Dossiers: London and Crime and The ‘Double’ in 19th-century Fiction
• PET-style interactive activities and Trinity-style interactive activities (Grade 6)
• A full recording of the text