Romeo and Juliet A Step 3 Reading and Training graded reader, retold by Dereck Sellen. The story of Romeo and Juliet is perhaps the best-known love story of all time. The tragic but triumphant story of Shakespeare’s two young ‘starcrossed lovers’ still shines through in this version retold in modern English.
This reader uses the "Expansive Reading"approach, where the text becomes a springboard to improve language skills and to explore historical background, cultural connections and other topics suggested by the text. As well as the story and a playscript, this reader contains:
• An introduction about Shakespeare and his life
• A wide range of interactive activities practising the four skills
• Dossiers: In Fair Verona, Settings and Sources and others
• PET-style interactive activities and Trinity-style interactive activities (Grade 5)
• A full recording of the text